Your new DIY Gate comes with the frame welded and mesh attached for added convenience. The first step in installing the gate is deciding on a location. Due to the dynamics of the gate, it works best on an area in which the gate, the first connecting 3 foot panel on the section to the left, and the first connecting 3 foot panel on the section to the right, is on the same straight line as shown in Fig. G1.
**If this is not possible Call: 561-316-6418**
PRO NOTE: Remember to make sure that when marking your gate to keep it 3 feet from the edge to allow for a safe walking distance when the fence is up. The same should be taken into consideration for the rest of the fence as well. Fig. G1 also depicts that the gate and the two panels are on the same straight line.
- First mark your first hole in the of the section going to the left of the gate, (hole L1). See Fig. 2
- Next mark the four inner gate holes labeled G1, G2, G3, & G4 seen in Fig. 3 below.
- Mark your last hole in the template (hole R1). This is the first hole of the section going to the fight of the pool. Fig. 4
- Remove your gate template and lay your D.I.Y. Template down and mark your second hole (hole 2) which is the second hole on the section going to the left of the pool. Then slide your template over the last hole you marked to the right R1 and mark another (hole 2). This is the second hole in the section going to the right of the pool. See Fig. 5
Note: R1 will be in a straight line and should be drilled level.
- The gate and the first two poles of the section going to the left and the section going to the right are marked out. Now follow the instructions in the fence install guide starting at page 3 depicting the diagram below. (You do not need to add gate holes when you have a self-closing gate unless you are putting a manual gate in the area along the run of the fence.) (Remember you have already marked out the first two holes on both the section going to the left of the pool andsection going to the right. You will start by marking the third hole in the section to the right.) Follow the Fence Install Guide until it is time to drill your gate.
Now mark the next three holes (Exactly 36" template size) which are the middle holes Fig. 6-6a